1 Jackie and Me

Jackie and Me

Written by Dan Gutman

Reviewed by Daniel S. (age 11)

Jackie and Me

Joe travels back in time to meet Jackie Robinson and get information for a report. The book Jackie and Me,by Dan Gutman, has 145 interesting, exciting pages.

Joe travels back in time to meet Jackie Robinson and with some Bond Bread cards. He brings a Ken Griffey Jr. card which will allow him to get back to his own point in time. The Bond Bread cards are worth a lot of money, but the cards that he has were stolen.

I liked this book very much because it was about baseball. I also liked it because it had two hall of fame baseball players Jackie Robinson and Babe Ruth. I really liked the fact that Joe was able to travel back in time to meet his baseball heros. It provided me with new information about Jackie Robinson and Babe Ruth that I did not already know.

I would give this book to anyone who loves baseball. They would really find the book very exciting! I especially enjoyed the parts in the book that talked about the careers of thest two famous players. It made me feel that I was part of this exciting era of baseball. I would hope that Dan Gutman would write more books about other sports heros.