Buster and the Giant Pumpkin

Written by Marc Brown

Reviewed by Christian N. (age 6)

Buster and the Giant Pumpkin illustration will appear here.

Buster took the biggest pumpkin. Buster is packing to go to Oregon. He?s going to a farm. The farm looks very scary because all the pumpkins are giant. The towers are big too. He writes a lot of letters to his friends. He lives in Elwood City. Buster planted a seed last spring in a milk jug and now its growing outside because it needs room to grow. He wrote another letter to his friend. He lies in Elwood City also. He measured a big pumpkin.

I liked this book because I was very good at reading the story because I want to be an author. And I would write a story like this. I would like to have a very very big pumpkin. I would like to grow apples too, cause he likes to eat apples. I like this book because of the pictures.

I think Joshua, Jolyon, Ashley and Eddie and Roy would like this book because it is very very good, and because I like it. Anybody who would want to see a big pumpkin would like this book. A cowboy would like this book because he lives on a farm.

Christian N. is a member in New York Cares/Island School Reading Club's Spring 2007 (2006-2007)