1 The Chocolate Touch

The Chocolate Touch

Written by Patrick Skene

Illustrated by Margot Apple

Reviewed by Jessica R. (age 7)

The Chocolate Touch

John loved chocolate very much. John bought a big box of chocolates but there was only one chocolate inside the box. John had to take tonic because he ate too much chocolate. John bit Susan?s silver dollar and it was chocolate too. Susan was mad at John. John made all his lunch turn to chocolate. Susan invited John to her party. John played bob for apples. John made Susan and himself dirty. John got Susan?s dress dirty. John went to the shop and saw a sign that said for sale. John went to see Dr. Cranium. Dr. Cranium said John had a chocolate disease. John went to the shop and saw that the store was there. John asked the storekeeper if his mother would be ok. You will have to read the story to see how it ends!

My favorite character was Susan because she is a girl and I am a girl. I would be upset if someone ruined my birthday party too! My favorite part of the story was when John was eating the toothpaste, I sometimes wish toothpaste came in chocolate and tasted good. I enjoyed this book because it made me laugh! I really liked when his friend tried to eat his glove.

I recommend this story for children ages 7 to 12 because they are old enough to know it is just for fun.