1 The Chocolate Touch

The Chocolate Touch

Written by Patrick Skene

Illustrated by Margot Apple

Reviewed by Desarae M. (age 8)

The Chocolate Touch

John Midas was greedy with candy. Then he went to see Dr. Cranium because he ate too much candy. He found a special coin. John saw a candy store and he bought some candy. The next day, John brushed his teeth and his toothpaste tasted like chocolate. He ate the whole thing! His bacon, eggs, and his milk all turned to chocolate. John went to school and he ate his glove. Spider wanted a piece of Johns glove. Susan wanted him to take a bite of her coin. It turned to chocolate! John?s lunch all turned to chocolate. He went to Susan?s birthday party. The bucket of water turned to chocolate. John?s mother took John to Dr. Cranium and he said John has chocolatidis. John kissed his mother and she turned to chocolate. The storekeeper gave him a choice either he had to stop eating chocolate or his mother would stay like that. John decided that he would change his mother back. John was happy that his mother was back.

I think this book is funny. It is a good book and it teaches a lesson. I like the part when John went to Susan?s birthday party. They were bobbing for apples and the water turned to chocolate! John got chocolate on Susan?s dress. My favorite part is when John?s trumpet turned to chocolate. I think this part is funny because I like to play trumpet. I think John?s mother is funny so is John?s sister and so is John. I like them because they are cool and they are funny.

I think everybody who likes chocolate should read this book.