1 The Chocolate Touch

The Chocolate Touch

Written by Patrick Skene

Illustrated by Margot Apple

Reviewed by Brook H. (age 8)

The Chocolate Touch

John was walking down a route and he found a coin. Then he saw a candy shop. He went in and bought a box of chocolate then he went home and he went up to his room and he snuck the box of chocolate under his bed. As he brushed his teeth and he felt sweet chocolate on his teeth then he said, ?Mmm!? He went down stairs and his mother gave him breakfast, which all turned to chocolate in his mouth. Then John went to school and things turned to chocolate there as well. To find out if John ever gets back to normal you will have to read the story.

My favorite part of this story is when John finds the coin on the road. I think it would be wonderful to find money and be able to spend it all on myself! My favorite character was John because he did some really funny things, like taking all dessert instead of lunch at school. I thought the story was sad when his mom got turned into chocolate, I wouldn't want my mom to turn into chocolate because of something I had done.

I recommend this book for children ages 7 to 12. You have to have a good imagination to be able to understand this story.