1 The Chocolate Touch

The Chocolate Touch

Written by Patrick Skene

Illustrated by Margot Apple

Reviewed by Colten B. (age 8)

The Chocolate Touch

Most of the time John Midas was a very nice boy. Every now and then he broke a rule. Such as the rule against pretending to be a tiger will his sister was a sleep. John hung up his coat got his notebook and pencil out of his locker and sat down at his small table. John eats his gloves. The doctor thought he was sick. His pencil turned to chocolate. And the water turned chocolate. And his drink turned to chocolate. And his trumpet turned to chocolate. The coin and the silver dollar turned to chocolate. He talked to the shopkeeper. And his mother turned back. And his trumpet turned back. He took a drink of orange juice and it did not turn to chocolate. His gloves turned back. And the pencil turned back.

This story reminds me of chocolate and I love chocolate! My favorite part was when his water, bacon and eggs turned to chocolate. I wonder if it was all the same kind of chocolate or if there were many flavors? This story taught me not to be greedy.

I recommend this book for ages 8-12 because it would be hard to read for someone younger and older kids probably wouldn?t like the plot. But it was fun for me!