1 Spider Kane and the Mystery at Jumbo Nightcrawler's

Spider Kane and the Mystery at Jumbo Nightcrawler's

Written by Mary Pope Osborne

Illustrated by None

Reviewed by Will R. (age 7)

Spider Kane is a cool spider that plays the clarinet. He sort of likes to solve mysteries, too. In this book he is supposed to get an invitation to a party, but he doesn't. His friends do get invitations, and they go to the party. Then they start disappearing. Spider Kane comes to the rescue!

I like this book because it has no pictures. Without pictures you don't have to look at what they want you to, but you can look at it in your own mind. This book reminds me of all the chapter books I saw in my friend's brother's room. It also reminds me of my room because I have books in my room, too.

I am glad I read this book because it's an adventure book and it doesn't have any pictures in it. I would recommend this book to my friend who is in the second grade because sometimes he doesn't know what book to get and I could help him. He likes adventure books, too. I think if I had not found this book my mom would have recommended it to me because it's a chapter book and she knows I like chapter books.