1 Little House in the Big Woods

Little House in the Big Woods

Written by Laura Ingalls Wilder

Illustrated by Garth Williams

Reviewed by William J. (age 7)

Little House in the Big Woods

The story is about a girl named Laura Ingalls that grew up in the deep Wisconsin woods. Laura lives with her sisters Mary and Baby Carrie and her Ma and Pa. In the story their dad plays fiddle in the winter, and he hunts and traps. Their Ma makes her own cheese and butter. The book tells about the family's life for a whole year from one winter to the next.

I like the book because it takes place in the woods and I enjoy being in the woods. Their pa reminds me of my dad because he always has his gun loaded when he goes hunting. My favorite part was when their cousin Charles got stung by yellow jackets. He deserved it - he was acting silly and jumped on their nest.

I recommend this book to good readers because it is really long. People who like Christmas should also read this book because most of the story is Christmas. I think the story would be interesting to people because it takes place in the woods. For example, in the story they have a dance at their grandpas at his house in the woods. It was one of the best parts.