1 The Giving Tree

The Giving Tree

Written by Shel Silverstein

Illustrated by Shel Silverstein

Reviewed by connor b (age 8)

The Giving Tree

Do you like trees? Well if you do, you should read this book. It's about a boy and a tree. The boy would visit the tree every day and play king of the forest. The boy would play on the tree's branches, and eat her apples. They would also play hide-and-go-seek. The boy the loved the tree and the tree loved the boy. After a while, the boy grew up and the tree was very lonely. Every time the boy came back to the tree wanted more things from her. So, the tree gave him things. The tree gave him whatever he wanted to make the boy happy. The tree gave until all that was left was a stump. That is why the book is titled, The Giving Tree.

The lesson in this book is to give openly, and that things don't make you happy. I like this book because it has fabulous pictures. I also like the lesson in the story. My favorite character is the tree because the tree reminds me of my sister. She always helps me. The Giving Tree also reminds me of my tree in the front yard. Just like the boy, I love my tree.

I recommend this book to anyone who likes trees and is loving and caring. I also recommend this book because the illustrations were great.