1 Best Friends

Best Friends

Written by Steven Kellogg

Illustrated by Steven Kellogg

Reviewed by Emily R. (age 9) & Grace P. (age 9)

Best Friends

"Best Friends" is a story about two best friends. One is called Gemma and the other one is called Alice. They have known each other since they were babies. They were born on the same day and every birthday they make a special wish together. One day they find out that Alice is moving to Scotland so they both run away together, but unfortunately they get caught. It turns out that they don't even get to say goodbye when Alice leaves. Alice moves and makes a new best friend called Flora. Gemma gets mad when she finds this out. Who will Alice have her special birthday wish with? Will they ever see each other again? Read the book to find out.

Our opinion is that "Best Friends" is an excellent book! We like the way the author writes and describes things because it gives you a picture in your mind of what is going on in the story. Our favorite part was when Gemma meets Flora for the first time because Gemma does some funny things to her that makes us laugh. Biscuits is a great character in the story. We found Biscuits interesting because he changes throughout the book, but he is always jolly and happy. Biscuits is Gemma's friend who she meets at school. This book reminds us of us, because we are best friends just like the girls in the story. We learned that you can always make a new friend.

We recommend "Best Friends" to third through fifth grades because it has two hundred and twenty four pages of a great story. It has small pictures on each page which will hold the interest of the age group.