1 Geronimo Stilton It's Halloween You Fraidy Mouse!

Geronimo Stilton It's Halloween You Fraidy Mouse!

Written by Geronimo Stilton

Illustrated by Larry Keys

Reviewed by Derreck H. (age 9)

Our story begins with a mouse named Geronimo who was feeling scared, mostly because it was around Halloween time. He was feeling scared around things he normally didn't feel scared around. He was in his house and he thought that some scary things were happening. He was extremely hungry from feeling so scared and went into the kitchen to make himself a sandwich. He noticed a shadow that kept growing and growing, only to find out that it was his nephew. He was relieved! He then went to a cemetary (is he crazy?) to put flowers on a grave and thought he saw a ghost! Is Geronimo seeing things? Or are these things really happening to Geronimo? Read this book to find out more about this fraidy mouse!

I think this is a good book because it's really funny. Most of the things that Geronimo thinks are scary really are not. Sometimes I felt scared while I was reading the book. I was reminded of the many times that my brother has popped out of nowhere and has scared me! Sometimes I feel like a fraidy mouse! The illustrations are great, as Stilton fans know! Not only are the pictures great but the way he uses color and bold letters with the words really makes the story come alive!

I would recommend this book to students who enjoy chapter books. Once you read one Geronimo book you get hooked and want to read them all! This is a great book to read around Halloween, or anytime you want to be scared!