1 Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus

Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus

Written by Barbara Park

Illustrated by Denise Brunkus

Reviewed by Kaitlyn D. (age 8)

Junie B. Jones is a new kindergarten student and she has to ride the bus to school. She does not want to ride the bus. She thinks it is stupid and smelly. And all the kids have to squish on the bus and share seats. She decides that instead of riding the bus home she will hide under her teacher's desk. She continues to hide as many people are worried about her and are looking for her. What is Junie B. to do? She knows that if she comes out of hiding she will have to ride the bus home and that is the last thing that Junie B. wants to do.

I had fun reading this book. The pictures are cool because they are sketches. I like the illustration of her hiding. It's a small picture but it made me laugh. The first day I had to ride the bus to school I felt really scared too, just like Junie B. And, the bus is often smelly and noisy, especially in the morning, so I can relate to that too.

I would recommend this book to anyone who has to ride the bus to school or who wonders what it would be like to ride the bus to school. It's not that fun. This would also be a good book to 1st through 3rd graders because it's a funny book to read but it's not that hard to read. If you are looking for a book to make you laugh, read this one!