1 The Absent Author

The Absent Author

Written by Ron Roy

Reviewed by A.C. (age 9)

The Absent Author

The Absent Author was a great book! It all started when Dink wrote to his favorite mystery writer asking him to come sign books at the book nook. He said yes. The only thing that could stop him would be if he gets kidnapped. On the big day, he didn't show up. They think that he has been kidnapped. They meet this lady named Mavis. She writes to him too. He said that his imagination has been playing tricks on him. They go to look for clues and they think they found him. Do you think they found him? Do you think they found him alive?

This book is very interesting for many reasons. The first is because a character proves he is brave by writing to his favorite mystery writer asking him to come sign books at the book nook. The second reason is a character went on a mission. He was determined to find the author and information about him. Last, some characters were being sneaky; they tried to hide stuff from their mother.

I recommend this book to people who like mystery books because Dink wrote to his favorite author asking him if he can come sign books at the book nook. The author didn't show up when he supposed to. They think that author has been kidnapped. So now they have to go find some clues. So if you like mystery books read my book and have some fun!