1 Little House on the Prairie

Little House on the Prairie

Written by Laura Ingalls Wilder

Illustrated by Garth Williams

Reviewed by Anna H. (age 7)

Little House on the Prairie

This book is about a family with five people-three girls, Laura (the middle girl), Mary (the oldest girl), and Carrie (the youngest girl). Pa and Ma and the rest of the family are traveling to the prairie in Kansas. They have lots of adventures along the way. They even meet some Indians, and they all become friends. The family likes living on the prairie even though they have a hard life. This book was very interesting. I would read it again and again if I had time. I think that I should read Laura's other books too, because I figured that, since this book is so good, her other books should be good, too. My favorite part was when Jack (their dog) was left behind while they were crossing the Mississippi. It was really cool because Jack swam across the river and, later, came back to them. Laura was my favorite character because she did most of the action. I recommend that Avery R. should read this book because she reads chapter books a lot. Plus she would like it because she would like the adventures that Jack has. Also, my mom and dad would like it. My mom would like the part where they move back to Wisconsin and my dad would like the same part. My mom is reading it again with me, and I'm reading some on my own.