1 Henry and Mudge and the Careful Cousin

Henry and Mudge and the Careful Cousin

Written by Cynthia Rylant

Illustrated by Sucie Stevenson

Reviewed by Kailyn C. (age 8)

Henry and Mudge and the Careful Cousin

This book is about Anna, Henry, and Mudge. Henry?s cousin is sleeping over his house. It takes place at Henry and Mudge?s house inside and outside. In the beginning, Henry and Mudge are waiting for Annie. They have never seen her before. Then, they have lunch together. They go play Frisbee. They go eat dinner. Then they go outside, and play until dark. At the end, the next morning Annie and Uncle Ed left. They said to each other that they would want to see each other again soon. Mudge gave Annie a kiss and she did not turn pink.

I enjoyed this book because I love Henry and Mudge stories. They are some of my favorite stories. This is part of a series of Henry and Mudge books. This one is like the others because Henry and Mudge are close friends, and they always have a good time together. This book is different than the others because they introduce Henry?s cousin. My favorite part was when they were playing Frisbee. Annie would stop to clean it up, but at the end, she just go used to it. I found Annie to be funny like that. Annie changed in the story because in the beginning she was scared of Mudge and of getting messy. At the end, she learned that it was okay to get messy sometimes, and she loved Muge.

I would recommend this book to people that like dogs and like Henry and Mudge stories. It is just as good as all the others in the series. People who like dogs will love the book because of how loyal Mudge is to Henry.