1 The Biggest, Best Snowman

The Biggest, Best Snowman

Written by Margery Cuyler

Illustrated by Will Hillenbrand

Reviewed by Devyn L. (age 8)

The Biggest, Best Snowman

This book is about Little Nell and Big Momma, Big Sarah, and Big Lizzie. It takes place in the big woods. In the beginning Little Nell goes to the big woods, and lays under the bare branches because Big Lizzie says, "You are too small." Then she goes to play with her friends Reindeer, Hare, and Bear Cub. Reindeer asks, "Can you help us make a snowman?" Nell thinks she is too small to make a snowman. Bear Cub said, ?You don?t know until you try.? Nell tried and she could do it. At the end, Nell goes to tell her family to look at the snowman that she made with her friends. They said how could someone as little as you build a great big snowman?. Nell said, ? Yes, I can, come and see.? So the family walked to the snowman. When they saw it their mouths dropped open. ?You built that?? ?Yes", said Nell. They said you are not small, but Lizzie still thought she was small. But the Mom said, ?No she is not ?. Nell climbed on top of the snowman and said, ?Hooray!?

I enjoyed this book because it was funny and the characters were creative. My favorite part was when her family said that she wasn?t small anymore. It reminds me of when my family thinks I?m too small for things, because I?m the youngest. The illustrations were kind of like cartoons, I think they should have been more realistic.

I would recommend this book to all kids because you should not make fun of people that are smaller than you. This might teach them a lesson.