1 Little Penguin's Tale

Little Penguin's Tale

Written by Audrey Wood

Illustrated by Audrey Wood

Reviewed by Alyssa L. (age 7)

Little Penguin's Tale

This book is about Little Penguin, Little Penguin?s friends, and Grand Nanny Penguin. It takes place in a lot of snow.In the beginning, Grand Nanny Penguin is going to tell a story from long, long, ago. Little Penguin wanders off with the gooney birds. Then, he went to a wild party. He was the wildest of them all. At the end, a whale gobbled Little Penguin, but Little Penguin was too clever. He jumped out of the whale?s mouth. The whale bit some of his best tail feathers.

I enjoyed this book, because it is funny and it reminds me of the day I tried to run away. Little Penguin learned that running away was not a good idea. The illustrations were colorful and helped make the book funny. My favorite part was when he went to the wild party because two elephants were holding a rope and Little Penguin walked on the rope holding an umbrella. You wouldn?t ever expect to see that.

I would recommend this book to first graders and preschoolers because I think that they will think this book is funny. Young kids will laugh at how silly Penguin is.