1 The Magician's Nephew

The Magician's Nephew

Written by C.S. Lewis

Illustrated by Pauline Baynes

Reviewed by Ty R (age 11)

The Magician's Nephew

This story is about a young boy named Digory and a young girl named Polly. They go exploring through different houses and appear in Digory's house. Uncle Andrew, Digory's uncle, is right there staring down at them. Uncle Andrew tricks Polly into touching a yellow ring and she vanishes! Digory is so mad he goes after her by touching a yellow ring, but with a green ring to get them back. Both of them end up in Charn, a world to get to from jumping into a pool. They meet a queen named Jadis. They bring her back to their world and back again with their green and yellow rings. While they are in Charn they find out the witch, Jadis, is evil. They flip through worlds and end up in Narnia, where they meet the lion, Aslan. Will Jadis rule Narnia or will Digory save his sick mother?

My favorite part in the book is when Digory and Polly come out of the shaft and there is uncle Andrew staring down at them. I like this, because you can really tell they are in a bunch of trouble when you read this.

This book is like The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe. There are many different connections between the two books. One example is that Digory in The Magician's Nephew is the professor in the Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe.

One character I found interesting was Uncle Andrew. I liked him because he was always trying to get away from something or someone. One example is when the witch comes into the real world he hates being the witch's servant.

This book is part of a series called The Chronicles of Narnia. The other books that are in this series are The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe,The Horse And His Boy, Prince Caspian, The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader, The Silver Chair and The Last Battle.

I recommend this book to everyone, especially the people who like adventurous books, sadness and scariness.