1 The Magician's Nephew

The Magician's Nephew

Written by C.S. Lewis

Illustrated by Pauline Baynes

Reviewed by Jackson H (age 11)

The Magician's Nephew

This story is about a boy named Digory and a girl named Polly who meet and become friends. Digory's evil uncle Andrew tricks them into touching some magical rings that take them into a land with pools where they can go from world to world. They go into a magical world with magical creatures trying to put the evil witch Queen Jadis back where she came from.

The kids are on a journey to find a magical apple to give to Digory's sick mother. Will Queen Jadis destroy the children? Will Digory's mother heel? Read on to find out.

My favorite part was when the witch was chasing the kids back to Aslan. I liked it because it was intense and exciting.

One character I liked was Digory. I liked him because he was always so brave. He was always willing to step out when nobody else was.This story reminds me of the time my brother and I got lost on a bike ride when we first moved into our new house. I liked this book because it was very suspenseful. I couldn't wait to hear what happened next.

I would definitely recommend this book to people who like fantasies. I recommend it because I think it was very magical and exciting. I would also recommend it because there are some very weird and cool animals and characters.