1 The Magician's Nephew

The Magician's Nephew

Written by C.S. Lewis

Illustrated by Pauline Baynes

Reviewed by Megan R (age 10)

The Magician's Nephew

In the beginning of the book Digory and Polly go on amazing adventures exploring Polly's house and into Digory's uncle Andrew's attic! Uncle Andrew forces the children to put magical rings on and pop into the magical world. There they awaken Jadis (the witch) and have a tough time with her! Digory and Polly have to jump into pools, touch some rings, find some silver apples to get away from the evil Jadis and put her back in her own world. Digory's mom is very ill and there is nothing he can do about it because he is stuck in the magical world with queen Jadis. Will Digorys mom get better? Will Jadis return to her own world? Find out in, "The Magician's Nephew!"

The #1 character that I thought was most interesting was Digory. I found him interesting because later on in the next book, "The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe" Digory is the grandfather that the children are staying with. That was interesting to me because Digory seems nothing like when he is older. Digory has different personalities in his life, because Digory is a lot more adventuress then when he is older!

This book is a prequel of "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe." "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" and "The Magician's Nephew" are very similar! They are similar because they both have a magical land, they both have a witch in it, they both have Digory in it, and they both have Aslan in it.

My favorite part in this book is when Aslan appears and wants Digory to go find a silver apple for him. I like this part because you didn't know why Aslan came, or why he wanted the silver apple until the end. The book left me hanging!

In this book I felt like I had to keep reading it! This book grabs you at the end of each chapter, but over all I loved reading this book!

I would recommend this book to people who like adventures and a little bit of mysteries. I would recommend this book because it isn't the kind of book you want to put down and stop reading, it is the total opposite! I hope you take my advice and read this book!