1 The Magician's Nephew

The Magician's Nephew

Written by C.S. Lewis

Illustrated by Pauline Baynes

Reviewed by Hannah C (age 10)

The Magician's Nephew

A girl named Polly is playing outside and meets a boy named Digory. Together they are very adventurous and search the neighbors' attics to their houses. As they are searching the attics they find themselves in Uncle Andrew's study room. He tricks Polly into putting on a beautiful yellow magic ring and sends her flying to a world known as Charn. Digory and Polly are trying to get back home to London as they stumble upon the witch Jadis, ruler of Charn. Jadis gets into London and the children are trying as hard as they can to get her back to Charn. When they are trying to get her back to her world, they get stuck in Charn again. When Polly and Digory are in the unknown world they find an apple tree that is suppose to cure people's illnesses. Digory's mom is at home in London with a terrible sickness that could cause death. Will Digory and Polly get the apple? Will Digory's mom get better? Read the book to find out what happens!

The character Digory reminded me of my cousin, Audrey. Diogry is very adventurous as is my cousin. My cousin likes to explore just like Digory

This book is part of a series. The series is called The Chronicles of Narnia. The book is similar to The Lion The Witch & The Wardrobe. The two books almost have the same setting, characters and style.

This book reminded me of when I was exploring my grandma's big creepy house. I got really scared and ran outside next to the tree.

This book had pictures that really help me out because if you didn't read the book and only looked at pictures you would definitely understand it well.

I do recommend this book! I recommend it because every time you open the book it's like you're actually in the book and when you close the book the author leaves you hanging. I also recommand this book because it is full of fantasy for those fiction lovers!