1 Matilda

Matilda

Reviewed by Brooke E (age 8)

Matilda

The book, Matilda, is about a girl who is not trusted until she meets Mrs. Honey. Matilda's mother and father don't even pay attention to what she does or what she is. All they care about is the Television. Matilda soon fed up with it, and she got so furious she turns her father's hair platinum blond. Next Matilda meets the librarian and Matilda then becomes one with her books. Mr. and Mrs. Wormwood send Matilda to school. When Matilda gets to school, she meets up with the Trunch Bull. The Trunch Bull is the mean principle for the school Matilda goes to. Matilda gets put into Mrs. Honey's class. Mrs. Honey is one of the nicest teachers in the whole school.

I liked this book because Matilda's tricks are very funny. My favorite part of the book is when Matilda brings the ghost into the house. Matilda's father is like my father. Matilda's father gives his son math problems just like Mr. Wormwooddoes to his son. I like the part where Matilda's friend Violet put the newt into Mrs. Trunchbull's pants.

I recommend this book to readers who have a sense of humor because it is so funny.