Pirates Past Noon

Written by Mary Pope Osborn • Illustrated by Sal Murdocca

Reviewed by Leonard B. (age 7)

Have you ever heard of Jack and Annie? Well, Jack and Annie found a magic tree house and ever since they travel to places from a long time ago. Now, on their fourth trip, they travel to the time of pirates. Will Jack and Annie ever get home? Or will they walk the plank?

I love this book, because pirates are my hobby and I love Magic Tree House books. A hobby is something you like to do. I like to play with toy pirates and I want to learn more about pirates.

My favorite part is when Jack and Annie are on the pirate ship because I have three Playmobil toy pirate ships. I move them by hand and I talk to them. The book gave me a good scene, with words and pictures, for next time I play with my pirates.

Jack and Annie are interesting, because they have something that nobody else has ? a magic tree house. If I had one, I?d travel to the time of the pirates and attack them. I would wear a sword, ax, pistol and clothes like a pirate wears.

The pictures are black and white so you can make up your own colors. I like the part when it says "Leaves, branches, puddles, bushes, grass, vines, wildflowers ? all glittered like jewels. Or gleamed like gold." I can just imagine it. I would feel rich.

If you like pirates, I?ve got the book for you! I recommend this book to people six through nine. If you want to find out if Jack and Annie go home, I recommend this book to you.

Leonard B. is a student in Mrs. Gibbs' 2nd Grade Class
2004-2005