1 Ghostville Elementary

Ghostville Elementary

Written by Debbie and Marcia Thorton Jones Dadey

Illustrated by Jeremy Tugeau

Reviewed by A.P. (age 7)

Ghostville Elementary

Mr. Morton, the teacher, didn't believe in ghosts, so Cassidy couldn't tell Mr. Morton that there were classroom ghosts. The ghosts were dancing over Mr. Morton's head. A skeleton got close to Nina. Nina was scared. If you like mysteries, you will want to read this book.

I liked the part when Jeff had cotton on his head. Jeff was trying so hard to make a spiderweb out of cotton that it went all over his face and head. Jeff tried to scare Nina by saying, "I am a ghost!" I thought that part was funny, because Jeff looked like a girl when he had cotton on his head. It looked like Jeff had long, lumpy hair. The illustrator uses squiggly pencil lines and straight pencil lines. You really know how the characters feel by looking at their faces. All of the illustrations look haunted, because they are only black and white. Sometimes the illustrations take up one or two whole pages. This book is by the author of The Baily School Kids. I thought I would like it, because I like her other books.

I recommend this book to second and third graders because it's funny. It's funny because one ghost writes everything that the other ghosts do. He is being a copy cat.