1 BFG

BFG

Reviewed by Ivy M. (age 9)

BFG

This book is about the Big Friendly Giant (BFG) and a little girl named Sophie. Sophie sees the BFG and so the BFG had to take her back with him to his cave in giant land because he is afraid that if he leaves her in town, knowing that there are giants, she will tell everyone. The nine other giants he lives with eat humans, but the BFG does not eat humans. Sophie and the BFG want to stop the giants, but the BFG is about twenty feet smaller than the other giants and does not want to pick a fight with them. Sophie and the BFG set out on their life changing adventure.

I enjoyed this book because it was exiting and there was a whole variety of interesting characters. My favorite part was when Sophie and the BFG were farting {or in the book "whizpopping"!}. It was my favorite part because the BFG and Sophie were having a "whizpopping party!" I found Sophie interesting because for an uneducated orphan she was quite intelligent. This book is one of many other fascinating books by Roald Dahl, and it is similar to many other of his books because it involves a lot of magic.

I recommend this book because it is funny, exiting and entertaining. I think that kids who are interested in fiction will treasure this book. I think the part about her meeting the queen of England will interest readers.