Earrings!

Written by Judith Viorst
Illustrated by Nola Langner Malone

Reviewed by Natalie O. (age 11)

The book named Earrings is about a girl that wants a pair of earrings very badly! She loves them so much that she'll do anything for them. She says that she'll clean up her room, read a book once a week and be nice to her litter brother for a week. Then she says that she'll take care of her little brother for 6 months instead! I liked this book because it makes me laugh. I liked the part when she always says? "I want them, I need them, and I've got to have them. My mom and dad won't let me have them. Earrings, beautiful earrings for pierced ears."

I like this book because it's funny and I think it will make you laugh a little too! The illustrator of this book is a very good artist. The pictures make me want to read more and to read the book again! I learned a lesson from this book. It is not to ask and beg a lot. That way the person who you wish could buy what you want will do it! This book reminds me of myself when I wanted to have some earrings and my parent's always say NO!!!! I recommend this book to the people who want EARRINGS very bad. (Just wait until you are big and then your parents will know when to give them to you)!

Natalie O. is a member in The Technology and Learning Center @ the Armory's PAL After School - Winter Group 3 (2000-2001)