1 All Because of a Cup of Coffee

All Because of a Cup of Coffee

Written by Geronimo Stilton

Reviewed by Kalub J. (age 9)

All Because of a Cup of Coffee

This book is about a mouse named Geronimo. He works at a newspaper factory. One morning he was at the coffee shop and he spilled his coffee. When he went to go and get a napkin he saw a pretty mouse. It was love at first sight. Later, he flies to an island that has never bean found before. It was so remote that in order to get there he has to go in an airplane, a jeep, and a speedboat. One night his nephew woke him up and he pointed to a cheesy looking butterfly. The butterfly led them to a cave, and flew through a hole. Only the nephew could fit through the hole. The hole led to a place that made them famous. Read the book to learn why that place is so important that Geronimo Stilton, the mouse adventurer, became famous.

I liked this book because it has great colored pictures, and some of the pictures are in the middle of the sentences! The words change colors and fonts, and there are designs on every page. The wacky way the author has set up the pages makes it fun to read the book. I liked the character Trap. He is really silly. I'm silly too, that's why I like him.

If you want to read a book that is very different from others you have read, I would recommend it for you. I think you would like it if you like mice. Some of the words are kind of hard, so I recommend it for third grade and up.