1 Because of Winn Dixie

Because of Winn Dixie

Reviewed by Trevor W (age 10)

Because of Winn Dixie

Opal saw a dog in a store. Opal was new in the area. The owner of the store told someone to call the pound. Before they could, Opal said it was her dog. The owner kicked them out. She went home with the dog and and asked her father if she could keep him. She named the dog Winn-Dixie because that was the name of the store where she found him. She went to the pet store and bought a leash, but she didn't have enough money. She asked the owner if she could have a job there. The owner said yes. Then she went home and the next day she went to the park with Winn-Dixie and made some friends. One day they decided to have a party. That same day she lost Winn-Dixie. Read the book to find out if they find him.

The story reminds me of my dog because she likes to play like my dog. I like this book because it is part mystery when Winn-Dixie gets lost. I was hoping that they would find him. I would not like to lose my dog. I real liked the book because it seemed like a story that could happen right here in Iowa. I hope you like it too. I like when Winn-Dixie helps Opal make friends in her new place. I think all of you will like it.

I recommend this book to people who like dogs. Winn-Dixie will win your heart. He is a lovable dog. You will enjoy reading about him. Also, I recommend it to kids who have to move around a lot. They will know how Opal feels.