1 Junie B. Jones

Junie B. Jones

Written by Barbara Park

Illustrated by Denise Burks

Reviewed by Evan C. (age 8)

Junie B. Jones

Junie B. Jones goes to a beauty shop and she really likes it. She decided she want to cut hair just like the ladies in the beauty shop. Junie cuts her own hair and has to wear hats to school and gets into real trouble. She then tries her cutting skills on her bunny slippers and hides them but gets into trouble again. She even cuts her dogs hair and yes gets into trouble again. She finally stops because she got in so much trouble. Junie decides she's not giving up working in a beauty shop forever just until her parents forget about all the trouble she caused.

I liked this book because it was funny especially when Junie uses strange words she makes up herself. I also like the story because you never know what Junie will do next. I like all the Junie B. Jones stories I have read so far including this one and can't wait until the next comes out.

I think you should be eight or older to read Junie because of the weird words she makes up. I think it might be harder for someone younger to read and understand and it might give them so ideas for things they shouldn't ever do, like giving your dog a haircut.