1 Walter the Farting Dog

Walter the Farting Dog

Written by William Kotzwinkle

Illustrated by Audrey Colman

Reviewed by Hayden D. (age 6) & Alyssa L. (age 6)

This book is about a dog named Walter that has a bad problem - he farts a lot. The kids in the story, Betty and Billy, bring him home from the pound. They love Walter but their mom says he stinks, and he needs a bath. When they give Walter his bath they find out that it is his farts that stink. They do lots to help Walter stop farting, like take him to the vet, and change his food, but it doesn't work. Their dad says Walter has to go back to the pound.

The night before he has to leave Walter saves the family from two mean robbers. He lets a really bad fart, and the robbers can't even breathe. Walter is a hero, and he gets to stay with Betty and Billy.

We loved this book because it made us laugh a lot. Betty and Billy really loved Walter, and they didn't mind his stinky farts, we decided we wouldn't mind if our pets farted, but not as much as Walter. The pictures in the story were really funny too. Hayden's favorite part was when the robbers couldn't breathe. Alyssa liked the part when Walter passed gas right in the vet's face.

Lots of people are embarrassed by farts, but lots of people think farts are funny. We think you will love this book if you think farts are funny.