1 Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry

Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry

Written by Mildred D. Taylor

Reviewed by Abigail L. (age 11)

Roll of Thunder is about a family named the Logans. Cassie, Stacey, Christopher, John and Little Man. They are all brothers and sisters. The kids are African American and have to walk to school when the white people ride the bus. Stacey thinks they should dig a hole because when the rain comes it turns into mud. What will happen when the bus hits the mud? When Stacey gets caught with his friends cheating in class what will his teacher do? Cassie bumps into a white girl. What will the white girl do to Cassie? A conflict in the story is that most of the white people in the book are prejudiced.

I really liked this book. It shows you how people with other skin types are the same. My favorite part of this book was when all the Logans dug the hole of mud. When the bus came it got stuck in the mud. That?s when all the all white kids had to walk to school just like the African Americans had to. I think that Cassie Logan reminds me of me. She does her own thing and that?s what I do. This book is a series book. All of the books are mostly based on the Logan family and their struggles. I have read most of them. They all are great books because in every one of them the Logan family gets into some type of trouble.

I would recommend this book to anyone. It is a book of excitement and leaves you with a cliff hanger at the end of every chapter. I would have children ten or older read this book because it has big words in it and it is hard to read. The book leaves you with a mystery at the end. The characters in it are interesting because they each have their own personality