1 Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing

Written by Judy Blume

Illustrated by Roy Doty

Reviewed by Tia A. (age 8)

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing

This story is about a boy named Peter and his little brother Fudge. They have some funny stories, like the time Fudge went to the movies and he wanted to touch the bears in the movie. Peter is a good kid, but Fudge was bad. Fudge was crazy, like the time he jumped off the monkey bars and knock out his front teeth. Fudge was embarrassing! When they went out to lunch, he put the peas on his head and said ''Eat it or wear it!''

I like Fudge. He was my favorite character. I like him best because he was funny, like the time he would not eat so Peter had to stand on his head. This book is like the sequel "Superfudge" because Fudge did crazy things like that in the story "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing", too. My sister is like Fudge because she jumped off a trampoline and knocked out her four front teeth, just like when Fudge tried to fly off the monkey bars.

I recommend this book because it is a hilarious! I think children in grades four to eight could read it because there are words in it that the children in the younger grades can't pronounce.