1 The BFG

The BFG

Illustrated by Quentin Blake

Reviewed by R.R. (age 8)

The BFG

The BFG by Roald Dahl is a great fictional story. This story began when the Big Friendly Giant snatched Sophia out of her orphanage. He kept her a secret from the 9 man-eating giants. Sophia and the BFG wanted to stop the man-eating giants from eating humans. Will their plan succeed? Find out by reading The BFG.

I enjoyed reading this book. It was really funny. The BFG's the hilarious one. His English is ridiculous. He says right or left instead of right or wrong. The book is also interesting. It has a lot of problems. The main problem is that Sophia and the Big Friendly Giant are trying to stop the 9 man-eating giants from eating humans. Additionally, I enjoyed this book because it was exciting. When Sophia and the BFG went to collect dreams they accidentally woke up the giants. They used the BFG as a ball to play volleyball. Being funny, interesting, and exciting is what made me really enjoy reading the BFG.

The Big Friendly Giant was an interesting character. He is very sneaky. He can sneak into the Queen of England's palace without anybody seeing him. Additionally, he is friendly. He doesn't eat humans like the other giants. The BFG's character is what made this book one of my favorites.

This book is really adventurous. The BFG and Sophia have to dodge daring giants. They do that when they go to collect dreams. The man-eating giants are mean to the BFG. Additionally, it is adventurous because they are on a quest. The adventures in this book made me want to read the BFG 24/7. I couldn't put the book down!

I recommend this book to comedy lovers. If you read this book, be prepared to laugh a lot. Roald Dahl is very creative. You will be laughing no matter what book you read by him. Children of all ages are welcome to read this book. There are only a few hard words. Now get this book and start reading.