1 Skeleton Man

Skeleton Man

Written by Joseph Bruchac

Illustrated by Joseph Bruchac

Reviewed by Tacita C. (age 8)

Skeleton Man

Molly came home and her parents weren't there because they went out for dinner. That night nobody came home. So a man who said he was her uncle came to pick her up. Afterwards, he started feeding her drugged up food. Then she had dreams about Skelton Man chasing her. There was a bunny in her dreams. The bunny tells her which way to go to get away from Skeleton Man. The bunny even tells her that her parents are buried, but still alive. Are her parents really still alive? Does she get away? Is she still with her uncle at the end? Read the book to find out.

I think this book was very exiting. It was terrific when Molly found out where her parents were. She found that her mother was tied to the wall in Skeleton Man's shed. My favorite part was when Skeleton Man was chasing Molly and Molly gets away. I like it when Molly's dad finds her. I liked the character Molly best because she is an honest person. She even tells Ms.Shabbas about Skeleton Man when she thinks Ms.Shabbas won't believe her.

I sort of recommend this book because it's about a brave girl and I kind of like those stories. I think about third through sixth grade could read it by themselves.