1 Arthur Goes to Camp

Arthur Goes to Camp

Written by Marc Brown

Illustrated by Marc Brown

Reviewed by Brian C. (age 9)

Arthur Goes to Camp

This book was about Arthur?s first camping trip. He did not like it at first. Camp was terrifying for him. Francine and Muffy liked camp because they won all the games, such as canoeing, running, racing, and archery. Scary things happened at camp such as smoke bomb, frogs in the tent, and clothes being stolen. Then one night, Buster and the Brain found out the Horsewater kids were behind it. So at the scavenger hunt the Meadowcroak team played a joke on the Horsewater team and Arthur ran away from camp. All the Meadowcroak team needed was a flashlight to win. Arthur did not know where he was going but ended up coming back with a flashlight. Arthur saved the day and wanted to come back to camp next year because he was so happy.

I liked the book because the girls and the boys did not know that it was their opponents who were making the scary noises and pranks. I also liked the little postcards that Arthur made to his Mom and Dad because it told me something that Arthur was feeling and doing.

I would recommend this book to whoever watches Arthur on TV. I would also recommend it to kids who have just finished second grade because they would find the book not too hard, not too easy to read. I would recommend this book to whoever goes camping.