1 Amelia Bedelia and the Baby

Amelia Bedelia and the Baby

Written by Peggy Parish

Illustrated by Lynn Sweat

Reviewed by Vanessa A. (age 7)

Amelia Bedelia and the Baby

This book is about Amelia Bedelia and the baby. She doesn't know anything about how to take care of babies, but she thinks that she knows everything about babies. She has no idea what she is doing. The list said that she has to play with the baby and her toys. But she didn't do it. Instead she played with the toys by herself. Amelia Bedelia was supposed to feed the baby her milk, but she gave her coffee. She was supposed to give the baby the baby food, but she just gave her bacon.

My favorite part was the part when Amelia Bedelia played with the baby's toys. It was funny because she's too old to play with toys. I thought that it was a good book because it is a funny book! It was funny because she doesn't know what she is doing. She was supposed to play with the baby, but instead she played by herself. This book is different than the other books about her because she babysits. I think some other books are better, like when she has the puppy, because I like puppies.

I recommend this book because it is a great and funny book. I think that kindergartners, 1st graders, 2nd graders, 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders will like this book because it's funny.