1 Harold and the Purple Crayon

Harold and the Purple Crayon

Written by Crockett Johnson

Illustrated by Crockett Johnson

Reviewed by Katherine R. (age 7)

Harold and the Purple Crayon

Once there was a little boy name Harold. Harold had a purple crayon. He drew a whole city on a wall. He could draw like an artist. He drew a boat, a mountain, a city. He made a forest with just one tree in it. He drew a monster to take care of the apple tree. He could not find his bedroom window from the top of the cliff. When he looked down he fell off the mountain. He drew a balloon so he could he float up and not hurt himself. Then he drew a policeman in the city to show him the way. Then he drew a boat to ride to the other side. When he made the boat he crossed to the other side and made a picnic with 9 different pies.

It is a very interesting book because I never knew a baby could draw like that. My favorite part is when Harold could not see his bedroom window. Then instead he made his own house.

I think that people should read this book because it is very interesting that a boy could draw like an artist. People who like to draw and don't like to draw should read this book because there are so many pictures and a baby draws them.