1 The Giving Tree

The Giving Tree

Written by Shel Silverstein

Illustrated by Shel Silverstein

Reviewed by Saul L. (age 7)

The Giving Tree

This story is about a little boy and a tree. When the boy was little, he spent all of his time with the tree. As the boy grew up, he started to take parts of the tree and he stopped visiting as much. The tree kept giving all of its parts because the tree loved the boy. When the boy was really old, he rested on the only thing left, the stump.

I think the story was sad because the boy kept leaving the tree by itself and the tree was always sad when the boy was not there.

My favorite part is when he got the apples because he climbed the tree. I like to climb trees.

My favorite character is the boy because he is growing up. I can't wait to grow up like the boy.

I would recommend this book because it is exciting because the tree keeps giving the boy all of its parts and the tree is happy. I think God would like this story in English or Spanish because the tree is so nice. I also think teenagers would like this book because they could read it fast. The book is interesting because I learned that if you help people, you could make friends.