1 The Cat in the Hat

The Cat in the Hat

Written by Dr. Seuss

Illustrated by Dr. Seuss

Reviewed by Jesus L. (age 8)

The Cat in the Hat

This story is about a cat making a big mess. A cat came into Sally's house because her brother and Sally did not have anything to do. It was raining. This cat was black. The cat kept saying and doing funny things. The cat was bad because he was making a mess all over the house. The house was a mess and Sally's mom was coming. The cat cleaned up the house and Sally's mom came home.

I felt happy when I was reading this story because the cat was nice at the end by cleaning up the house. I also liked when the cat made a mess in the house; it was very funny! My favorite part was when the cat brought Thing One and Thing Two, they were crazy. I think the cat was making a mess in the house because he was having fun. My favorite character is Sally because she stops the cat from wrecking the house.

I would recommend this book because Thing One and Thing Two are so crazy. It was good that they finally got trapped. I would recommend that first, second, third and fourth graders should read this book because they will like that the cat made such a mess.

I thought the story was interesting because the cat was acting like a person, even though he is only a cat.