1 The Little Engine That Could

The Little Engine That Could

Written by Watty Piper

Illustrated by George & Doris Hauman

Reviewed by Israel R. (age 7)

The Little Engine That Could

This story is about a red engine carrying toys across a mountain for some boys and girls on the other side. The red engine breaks down. Many engines come but they will not help the train. The little Blue Engine comes and she decided to help so she pulled and she did it! The little Blue Engine pulled the toys over the hill. When the sun came out, the toys had already been pulled over the mountain. The toys where delivered in the morning to the kids that were waiting for them.

I think the Little Blue Engine was very helpful by pulling the toys over the mountain. My favorite part of the story was when the Little Engine pulled the toys over the hill because they were all happy. I felt happy when I read this book because this story was exciting.

I recommend this book because it was silly for the trains to talk. I think all the kindergarteners would like it because the book teaches you how to help others and because it is silly to have talking trains. Also, the story is interesting because of the colors in the illustrations.