1 Frog and Toad are Friends

Frog and Toad are Friends

Written by Arnold Lobel

Illustrated by Arnold Lobel

Reviewed by Michael N. (age 6)

This book is about the adventures that Frog and Toad have.

I learned that you should not sleep when it is a sunny day because you have to close windows, lamps, turn all the beepers and buzzers off and go under your covers if you sleep when it's a sunny day. I also learned to be nice. Frog is nice but does tricks. Toad is nice but grumpy, too.

I recommend this book because it's funny and it's a good book. Anyone and everyone would like this book because my mommy likes it and I like it and my little sister likes it.

I had two favorite parts. The first is when Frog ripped the calendar because it was tricky. He tricked Toad to have Toad play with him so he would not be lonely without him. My other favorite part was in "The Button" because Toad says "The whole world is covered with buttons and not one of them is mine!" Then he ran home and slammed the door and then said "There's my button." That's funny! This book is like the other Frog and Toad books because Frog and Toad are in it. This book made me feel happy and wonder what's going to happen in the other Frog and Toad books. I wonder why Frog was laughing at his friend? I wonder when Frog will make it up to Toad for laughing at him in his funny bathing suit? I wonder when Toad will find out that it's still April? I wonder if he'll still be mad?

(This review was dictated by the student.)