1 Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Written by Ann Brashares

Reviewed by student in Mrs. Zimmerman's 2nd Grade Class

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Meet Tibby, Bridget, Carmen and Lena, four wonderful friends with four very different personalities. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is Ann Brashare's first novel. With 294 pages, it is a good, long read. What happens when Carmen buys a pair of pants at the thrift shop and finds out that they not only fit every one of the four friends, but also make them look like super-models? They must be magic! Find out how these pants help four friends stay close together even during their first summer apart.

Tibby works at Wallman's and is prepared for a boring summer until she meets a very special friend. Lena goes to Greece, sees her grandparents for the first time in years, and tries desperately to fall out of love with Kostos, a boy her grandmother thinks would be perfect for her. Bridget goes to soccer camp in Baja, California and falls hopelessly in love with her soccer coach in a true Bridget manner. Carmen is delighted at the thought of staying with her father the whole summer until she finds out she will be spending it with her perfect step-mother-to-be and her two perfect children. What will they do? How will they get out fo these terrible fixes? Read the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants to find out!

I loved this book and I think it is the perfect book for kids age pre-teen and up. I think it's a good book because it goes deep into the feelings of the characters and their wonderful relationship. It says how each character feels and how they all help each other to get through their first summer apart. It is not only humorous and exciting, but it's also touching and intriguing. I didn't really have a favorite part because every part is fun to read. There isn't a single part where it's boring. The book made me think about relationships with lifelong friends and wonder,'would I do that for one of my friends?' I think Ann Brashare is a great writer.

I think every pre-teen and up who likes adventure and gentle friendship would love this book as much as I did.