1 Into the Land of the Unicorns

Into the Land of the Unicorns

Written by Bruce Coville

Reviewed by Brenda Z. (age 11)

My group and I just got done reading a mind boggling book called, Into the Land of the Unicorns by Bruce Colvin.

It?s about when a girl, named Cara. Her grandmother gave her a special amulet and she went into a magical land called Luster. She had to escape from delvers, then she had to go visit the queen. She found out that the person who was trying to kill her was her own father. She met a guy named Gremlin who was a keeper of books. He also had to help her through her journey. She also needs to find a dragon?s heart.

I thought the book was very unique and very mysterious. I think this because you just want to keep on reading and reading, and you really don?t want to stop (until your teacher makes you.) My favorite part was when Cara found out that her father was trying to kill her. The characters that I found most interesting were Cara that helped people, and a unicorn that also helped Cara.

I recommend this book because it is very unique. The kind of reader that would like this book would be unicorn lovers or fantasy readers. The characters might interest the readers especially the Squriim. I can?t tell you who he is! If you want to find out read this book!