1 The Worrisome Wombat

The Worrisome Wombat

Written by Bronwen Scarffe

Illustrated by Leanne Flemming

Reviewed by Manny N. (age 8)

The Worrisome Wombat

This book is about a Wombat that is worried about everything. Every time he goes for a drink in the creek he thinks he is going to fall over. He might trip over a rock and fall in. Wombat also worries about the bush animals. He was worried about Joey falling out of Kangaroo's pouch because Kangaroo was going too fast. He also worried about Goanna because he thought Goanna could get sun burned. Because he worried so much the animals ignored him and everytime they saw him they went the opposite way. This made Wombat feel sad and so he goes into his burrow. The animals don't see Wombat for a while and so they go looking for him.

I liked "The Worrisome Wombat" because it is about animals and I like animals. I wish I had a dog at home just like Dingo. My favorite part in the book was when Goanna and Wombat were sitting on the flat rock sunbathing together because they are both happy now.

I think if you like nature you should read this book. Also, I think that people who worry a lot should read this book because they might learn a lesson.