1 The Worrisome Wombat

The Worrisome Wombat

Written by Bronwen Scarffe

Illustrated by Leanne Flemming

Reviewed by Salvador A. (age 8)

The Worrisome Wombat

This story is about a wombat and his friends. The wombat worries about his friends. He worried about Joey falling out of the kangaroo's pouch. Then Wombat worried about the Koala. He climbed so high and Wombat worried that he might have a terrible accident. His friend Dingo traveled so far that Wombat worried that he might get lost. He worried so much that his friends ran away from him. They felt angry and mad because they thought that Wombat worried too much about them. Wombat became sad because his friends ran away so he went back to his home, his burrow. Read this book and you will find out what happens next.

I like the book because I like to read about animals. I like to read about animals because they can do things we can't do such as a kangaroo, that can jump high and some animals even eat snakes. I like the Wombat because he asks too many questions. The lesson that I learned was about friendship. The thing that I learned was that when someone is trying to help me, I can't run away from them.

I recommend this book if you like to read books about animals. Also, this book is nice to share with other children. Kids like to read about animals because they can play with them and like to feed them and take care of them, so I think they might enjoy this book. Kids might also like it because they get to be friends with other kids just like the animals in the story.