1 The Chocolate Touch

The Chocolate Touch

Written by Patrick Skene

Illustrated by Margot Apple

Reviewed by Martha S. (age 10)

The Chocolate Touch

The Chocolate Touch is about a boy who loves chocolate. In the beginning, John, the main character, notices he has brown spots on his face. John?s parents take him to the doctor. In the middle of the story, John goes to this weird candy shop and buys a whole box of chocolate. When he gets home, he opens the box and finds only one piece of chocolate. After he eats it, everything he eats and touches turns to chocolate. In the end, John gets tired of eating chocolate. When he went to the same candy store, it wasn?t there. Will John ever be cured? Find out and read The Chocolate Touch.

I enjoyed reading this book because it was funny. In the book John ate toothpaste. Another reason I enjoyed reading this book was because it was strange. In some chapters everything he ate and touched was chocolate. Also, it was exciting. You don?t know what is going to happen next.

John reminds me of myself. One example is he?s obsessed with things. John is really obsessed with chocolate and I?m really obsessed with Spongebob. Another example is because he doesn't like medicine. I don?t like the taste of it. In addition, he chews on his gloves. I?ve always had that bad habit, too.

The storekeeper was an interesting character. To start with, he was mysterious. John never told him his name before and the storekeeper knew it. Additionally, he was nice. He gave John a box of chocolate. He was helpful. He helped John reverse the spell.

I recommend this book to people who like funny stories because I laughed at some parts. I also recommend this book to people who like fiction stories because some things in this book could not really happen.