1 The Night of the Living Dummy II

The Night of the Living Dummy II

Written by R.L. Stine

Reviewed by ZS (age 10)

The Night of the Living Dummy II

Night of the Living Dummy II is about a girl named Amy whose dad bought her a dummy named Slappy. Slappy is ugly and weird and does many mischievous things that Amy gets the blame for. Slappy called Mom, "Fatso", and he called Dad, "Baldy" at the family sharing night. That same night Amy saw Slappy sneaking into Sara's room. When Amy peeked in the room she saw Slappy painting her name all over the wall in red paint! Amy's family can't believe that Slappy did all those things so they keep grounding Amy for things she didn't do. One day Slappy said that Amy had to be his slave. Slappy threatened to get her in even more trouble if she didn't agree. When Slappy and Amy go to a birthday party, Slappy causes a big commotion. What horrors will Slappy come up with next? To find out, you'll have to read the story.

When I read Night of the Living Dummy II I had different reactions. Sometimes I said,"Wow!", because it was exciting. I said,"Yay!", because it was happy. I even said "Oh my!" because it was surprising. I like that at the end of each chapter, R.L. Stine leaves you in awe. One time R.L. Stine says, "Mom, Dad, Look what Amy did now!" at the end of the chapter. My favorite part of the book was when Slappy is about to be seen, he goes limp. When I read that I thought, "Will Slappy ever get caught"? This book is not like any other book I've read. This story reminded me of my younger days because I felt like my sister always got away with everything, just like Slappy.

I recommend this book because it is very scary and exciting. I think kids who are in 4th or 5th grade who like horror books or imagine their dummy is alive would like this book. If you like this book, you will like the other books in the Goosebumps series.