The Ghost of Windy Hill

Written by Clyde Robert Bulla
Illustrated by Don Bolognese

Reviewed by Ashley B. (age 11)

The Ghost of Windy Hill illustration will appear here.

I just finished reading a very fascinating book called The Ghost of Windy Hill by Clyde Robert Bulla. This book is about a city family moving and switching houses with country relatives for a month because the country family says there is a ghost in their house. They are switching with city folks because Mr. Giddings (the country man) heard that Professor Carver (the city man) could scare ghosts away. When Professor Carver told his children they were moving to the country they were exited because they always wanted to do something different, thrilling, and most of all go to the country.

I thought this book was very attention-grabbing. I like this book because after every chapter it leaves you wanting to read more and toward the end the mystery becomes clearer and clearer. My favorite part of the book was when the professor?s children were walking and saw something behind a tree. This was my favorite part because it was the start of the mystery.

I recommend this book to anyone who likes mysteries and likes to be spooked out by ghosts. I think you will like the author?s style. He uses a lot of descriptive words and puts pictures in your mind. Is there a ghost of windy hill? If there is, who is it? Read this book to find out.

Ashley B. is a student in Mrs. Turcotte's 6th Grade Class
2003-2004