1 The Twits

The Twits

Reviewed by Frank A (age 8)

The Twits

Mr. and Mrs. Twit are mean, nasty people who always like to play terrible tricks on each other. Mr. Twit has a big, dirty beard and Mrs. Twit is an ugly woman with a walking stick and a glass eye. When they are not being mean to each other, they are mean to animals, like the birds and their monkeys. One day the monkeys decided that enough was enough. They decide to play tricks on the Twits.

This fictional story by Roald Dahl is funny and the pictures are really good. For example there is a close up picture of Mr. Twit?s beard and all of the gross things that are in it. Mrs. Twit looks like a mean witch.

At first the Twits reminded me of my mom and dad because they like to tease each other, but they are not mean like the Twits! I thought the book was funny because of some of the tricks the Twits played on each other. My favorite part was when Mrs. Twit put squiggly worms in Mr. Twit?s spaghetti.

I think people will like this book and recommend it to everybody. It teaches us that we should not be mean because people don?t like mean people. I hope nobody is as mean as the Twits were! I think Roald Dahl is a good author. I am reading Charley and the Chocolate Factory now.