1 Ten Apples Up on Top

Ten Apples Up on Top

Written by Dr. Seuss

Illustrated by Roy McKie

Reviewed by student in Ms. Martin's 1st Grade Class

Ten Apples Up on Top

This story is about many animals with apples on top of their heads. The lion has three apples on top, the dog has four apples on his head. The dog can jump rope with the apples on top of his head. The tiger has the most apples on top of his head. He has seven! The tiger can jump on the wire with the apples on top of his head. Read to find out what happens when the dog and lion get more apples on top of their head.

My favorite part is when the tiger has seven apples on his head and he is walking on the wire. The tiger is counting backwards and he is having fun. I like to try and balance on things too. My favorite character is the lion. He is happy and having fun. The other animals are competitive with each other and the lion is not. I like to have fun. This book reminds me of when I was eating an apple and my mom told me to stop because I had a hurt tooth. The tiger and dog remind me of my friend and I because were compete with each other.

I would recommend this book because it is a fun book that rhymes. It is a fantasy. All the animals are friends with each other. I think 5-6 year olds should read this book because it is a good counting book and it will make them laugh.